Saturday, August 14, 2010

heat exhaustion

OK, It was 100% humidity and 75 degrees this morning at 3:30AM! It was starting to get foggy so I didn't go out in the country running. After about 5 miles I met up wtih J and we did another 8. When we got back into town Racahel met us and we did a couple more.

It was so insanely humid that I was just drenched with sweat! About mile 7 I got a chill. I thought maybe it was a cool breeze that was out in the country, but about mile 8 I got a chill that wouldn't go away and thought I wasn't sweating anymore either. :( I finished about mile 9. I would have completed the run, but knew I'd be going to the state fair where it would hot and humid again. I just didn't want to risk getting sick so I stopped.

14 mile run; .5 mile walk; RPE - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment