Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Last Supper

I went out with J this morning on my last run before the big run. It was reminiscent of the Lord's Supper. He had a light meal; I had a light run. He was to soon face the biggest even of His life here on Earth; yeah, well, enough said. It was the last time He would be with all His closest friends; it was the last J run before the marathon. The list goes on...

I felt so winded this time. I think I am getting anxiety over the weather. They keep changing it so I can't mentally prepare for what it is really going to be like. For the last few days they've said storms and winds 10-15 from the south. Last night it changed to 1 hour of storms and then humid weather, winds from the north 10 mph, gusts up to 20ish. I have been praying for southern winds for the past few weeks. A strong head wind will really get to me. I have overcome hills; they end. I still have not overcome winds; they stay around and beat on me. The winds will tear down my mental game in the run. I have to keep thinking positive. This is where it will be nice to have Kori running with me.

The past couple of weeks with these shorter runs I have just been exhausted, like I can hardly finish the run. I don't know if it's my body trying to conserve for when it really needs it or what is going on, but I feeling unprepared in this regard. I know I have done the training as I need to, but I just hope it all comes together and I can have a strong finish.

3.5 mile run; .25 mile walk; RPE - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment