Sunday, April 18, 2010

GU goo

I just wasn't into this run today. I really wanted to run last night, but was scheduled to run with J this morning. I woke up at 4:15, felt like rolling over again, but got up anyway. I later saw the Prom bus coming back when I wanted to leave. I finally just left at 5:10 so I wouldn't be late to meet J. I must have been making good time because I was about 8 min early meeting her. Great feeling!

I started the run with a new sample of GU gel. That was absolutely the weirdest thing I've ever had. It was so hard to choke down. Not sure I will be able to eat those things throughout the run. yuck. It almost made me sick. Guess it's just something I'll have ot get used to, like drinking fluids. The first one was tri-berry. Flavor-wise, it was ok, but not something I'd die to have again. When I got to J's I had a strawberry banana one. Eating it was totally disgusting again, but the flavor was pretty good. I just couldn't bring myself to eat another one on the run. It left my fingers very sticky and gross the rest of the run.

I was totally exhausted on the run. She usually has to "pull" me the last mile or two. My hip (ITBand) was feeling a little better today. At least I didn't nearly fall over when I got out of bed. The first 5 miles without her were so very hard. I really felt like I was doggin it. I needed lots of strong inner voice going. All I could think was I had 11 more miles to go after that; 21 for an actual marathon. That kinda got me down for the rest of the run. I really had to push myself.

I feel like I'm getting down again on everything and that a marathon is out of reach again. I have to get over this because next week is the Drake Half. I am anticipating cold and storms. I may have to go shopping for better running clothes if this is the case. :( I just hope there isn't lots of wind. I really really want to finish in 2 1/2 hrs. I know I'm not supposed to have time goals like this, but anyone finishing in that time gets a medal. How cool would that be?! It's a very attainable goal for me as I've been averaging less than 10-min mile. They secure the route for an 11-min pace which even if I slow way down or something happens, I think I will still be able to reach that.

16 mile run; .5 mile walk; RPE - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment