Monday, December 14, 2009

Snow day!

Well, the Big Guy must be watching out for me again, making it possible to hold my goal. Our 2-hr late start turned into a cancellation. Within 10 minutes I was in running shorts and a Tshirt. Down to the basement I went. 5.8 mi/hr must be a good rate for me as this is a comfortable running speed and I don't get terribly winded at the end of 3 miles (31 min).

A new challenge is emerging lately...chest pain. I didn't realize I had muscles on my ribs. Right under my collar bone on my chest is a set of muscles that tense up when I run. I think I am trying to hold my arms up or cling to something, like the handlebar on the treadmill, and consequently am tensing up. I feel like I can only run for about 90 seconds without holding on. How do I get over this?

No comments:

Post a Comment