Friday, May 7, 2010

Reestablishing a base

Finally got to run again tonight. My goal was a minimum of 5 miles. The winds were 20+mph. ugh. If I didn't have a bum leg I would suck it up and go run outside, but I am trying to heal this leg so I went to the basement.

This was a positive run in so many ways. I rolled and stretched for about a 1/2 hour before heading downstairs. The first mile kind of flew by. I made it to the end of the second season of Lost and the end of mile 5. I felt good. I think I could do 12-16 miles next week. I am getting more confidence again, but I feel like I am starting over at the beginning and have to work up to the point I was at a couple weeks ago. I did not have to drag myself back upstairs after the run by hanging on to the handrail. That was a huge postive!!

The shoes: I think I'm in the right shoe now. My leg is soooooo much better. I still have a little ways to go, but there is a marked improvement. However, tonight after the run I was bathing and my ankles felt a bit achy. I hope this is not a "consequence" of these shoes. I am cautiously optimistic...

5 mile run; .5 mile walk; RPE - 3

No comments:

Post a Comment