Saturday, May 1, 2010

To run or not to run...

Well, one week later I finally had a good run! Just four days ago I was almost in tears running and I was trying to hold myself up to not put all my weight on my leg. Today I did a full SEVEN miles with J! I was soooo excited. My goal was Ethanol, but was totally prepared to not finish it as a run, and maybe even call Bill to come and pick me up. However, on the other hand, I wasn't going to do any more than 7 miles so as not to push it too much.

I knew that if I run with J I would do way more than if I ran all by myself. I stretched for a good 20 minutes and rolled on the foam roller. We headed out to the Ethanol Plant. At mile about 1.4 I was feeling pretty good. I told her if I don't feel any worse at mile 4 that maybe we could do around the cemetery and back to the north edge of town. About half way around the loop a train came! We tried to sprint in front of it, but knew we wouldn't make it. The bars came down so we slowed to a fast walk. He finally stopped for us and let us go through. Thanks Mr Train Conductor. We went through the arms and kept going. He waved back. Back in town I was feeling great. I thought I could have even done the full 18 with J, but kept with my limit of 7 for the day. I came home and did another 15-20 min of stretching and rolling.

Next week J will have 13 and then the following week another 18 so I will join her the next two weeks. At least I won't feel like I'm cheating or like I'm starting over at the beginning of the training. I've definitely learned a lot in the past week. It's has been a great experience.

7 mile run; .5 mile walk; RPE - 3

No comments:

Post a Comment