Friday, January 8, 2010

Two steps forward; one back

Well, I had a great week of running, but the bottom fell out tonight. I saw every 30 seconds tick away. I was watching "My Name is Earl" and laughing the whole time, but dying inside. I got to 1/2 mi and thought "I have 25 more minutes to go." I had to keep telling myself to keep going. I had run 5 mi yesterday so why can't I just run the minimum 3 today! Bill said the new Heroes was on this week so maybe I just wanted to spend time next to him and not run tonight. I don't know. It was such a good week overall.

572 calories; 179 fat calories; 30 min @ 6mph; 30 min running; 10 min @ 3 mph; 10 min walking

1 comment:

  1. There will always be "bad" runs that make you appreciate the "good" runs. Don't give up...keep in mind many factors (food, rest, muscle repair, stress, environmental factors, etc.) affect the overall performance of the run. I have found that when I run two days in a row, the second run is usually always more of a struggle (I have not given my muscles addequate time to repair). Keep a positive outlook and it will get better :)

    ReplyDelete