Saturday, February 20, 2010

I drank

Well, I did it. I got my new running belt with 2-20oz bottles of water. I woke up this morning, loaded up the belt, drank 18 oz before the run (because I knew I wasn't hydrated well enough), ate a piece of dry toast, stretched, and went to the basement. I was going to run outside, but it just didn't look very nice. Everything looked icy. No thanks. I drank about 14 oz during the run and finished off the last 6 oz walking afterward. Small shots worked best rather than a small drink. It was ok. I am now wondering how I will stay hydrated in longer runs. I'll get there.

Another accomplishment today was the distance: 7 miles. That's the farthest I've ever run. I know each week will set records like this. The last couple miles were the most difficult, as expected. The first 2-3 miles were relatively easy. I was surprised how quickly those miles went by. Overall it was a good run. I watched two episodes of Lost. It's good to have that distraction. I miss that outside.

I double tied my shoes because I've been having problems with them coming untied in the middle of a run. That helped. At the end of my long runs I feel like my blister is coming back. It seems to go away after a few days, though. I think my feet just have to get used to going that far.

7 mile run; 1 mile walk; 85 min; RPE - 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment