Friday, February 12, 2010

A Snowy Run

I noticed the bank indicated it was 29 degrees when I got done with school today so I thought I would run outside. The streets appeared only a little snowy, and with the warm temps and no wind I thought I would try it. I did not like that! It was like running through wet sand. I didn't like not being able to get traction. I even had to drag my feet a few times to get rid of the packed snow on the bottom of my shoes.

I missed my "short" run last night because I fell asleep on the couch rather early again. I woke up around 11:00 and thought maybe I could get up in the morning and run again. Nope. I woke up around 4:00, perfect time to go for a quick run in the basement, but the next thing I knew, it was 5:00 and time to get up. Dang.

After school today I called J and asked if she wanted to do the Ethanol Loop since I have a 6 mile run tomorrow. For some reason, this run is one of my fears so I'm glad she is going with me. She will keep me going to the end. It's a 5-mi loop so I just have one more mile when I get home again. Shouldn't be too awful. We'll start at 6:30 in the morning.

3 mile run; 1/2 mile walk; RPE - 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment