Monday, February 1, 2010

Let the training begin

Today officially starts the training. I did an easy 3 miles. I was hoping to innaugurate the training outside, though. The snow just won't stop falling.

Since I have transitioned to a new stage, I figured I would start posting my runs differently as well. My book suggests recording a Ratings of Perceived Exertion (RPE) on a scale of 0 (resting) - 10 (maximal effort); with 3-5 being the ideal score for building heart muscle, increasing output, etc.

Tonight I couldn't find a matching pair of socks. So, I wore one cotton sock and one moisture-wicking running sock. I thought this would be a good test. I could tell a difference for sure, but it wasn't as big as I thought it would be.

3 miles run = 30 mins; .75 mile walk = 15 min; RPE = 2.5

No comments:

Post a Comment