Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gliding Machine

Short run. No music. No bandaids. No drugs. No bike. No kid(s). No double socks. No jacket. No running belt. No fluids. No phone. Just running. Just the night. Just the road. Just me. Just new shoes! Just gliding along. Just 51 degrees. Just a great run!

Since it was evening and all the street lights were on, I often got a glimpse of my shadow running. It was kind of surreal watching myself run like that. Bill says I run funny because I don't kick up my knees or my feet behind me. I felt really smooooth, though, like I was gliding along on the road. I felt strong, like a marathoner!

BAM! 3.5 miles. UGH!! Side ache set in. I was determined to finish the run without stopping. It was such a great run and then utter pain. wow. It was getting harder to breathe. I finally made it to the end, almost teary it hurt so much. I think I just didn't wait long enough after eating supper to run. I finished, though. Task completed. Getting ready for 14 miles this weekend.

OK, so my runs lately have left my right side terribly sore. My hip joint started bothering me tonight after the run and my knee is bothering me. I also had a few blisters on the tips of my toes on the left side, too. argh. 14 miles may not be good for my feet. We'll see. It will be a 9 day break between 12 and 14 miles so that will help the healing process, too. I am rather amazed at how quickly my feet heal each week.

4 mile run; .4 mile walk; RPE - 3

No comments:

Post a Comment