Monday, March 1, 2010

Thank you Mark Block

OK, I feel like I've been in a slump lately. I am down and out, stressed, always tired. I'm not excited about what I'm doing anymore. ick. I read the next chapter in my marathon book. It had a story about Mark Block who was in a serious car accident and paralized from the ears down. All medical staff told him he'd be dependent on everyone else and forever in a wheelchair. If he was really lucky he would regain the use of his hands and have an electric chair. Months later he walked out of the hospital with the support of a cane. He signed up for the marathon course, but couldn't walk more than a few 100 feet before having to sit down from exhaustion. They initially set a goal of 5K for him. Come marathon time, his goal was 11 miles. He walked like 15 miles in over 8 hrs. Absolutely amazing. Just what I needed to keep going tonight. Only 3 short miles, but it felt like the 8 I ran on Saturday. It took me 3 tries to get the right episode of Lost found on the computer. I was truly Lost tonight.

3 mile run; .5 mile walk; 40 min; RPE - 4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment